Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week 1 EOC

To me photography is not just pictures or images. They should make you think about the world, allow you to feel what the subject is feeling, put you in that place and time and hope to understand.
My subjects never see it coming. My candid shots are funny, happy, sad, depressing and may even make you angry. I just hope that you find them as fascinating as I do.
My junior year of high school photography jumped into my life. I knew photography was for me when I picked up that camera and went out to find something amazing to photograph. I always found myself trying to get pictures of my friends and family while they weren’t paying attention and were just being themselves.
So now I find myself drawn to street photography. People walking down the street have no idea what I am taking a picture of, they have no idea that they are the subject of my photos. They might not know that they make the funniest faces while they talk, but I capture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment