Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 5 EOC- Super Bowl Commercials

The commercials are the best part of the Super Bowl. The Dockers Pants commercial really caught my eye because all you see are men walking around in a field wearing no pants. While singing “Pants, Pants” I thought it was so funny and couldn’t stop singing “Pants, Pants” for at least an hour after the commercial. I thought it was a great way to get people’s attention by stating off a commercial with half naked men singing about pants.
A certain Doritos commercial also got my attention. It was the commercial where a creepy guy comes to pick up his date who just happens to be a mom. The guy thinks he is so cool and gets a real reality check when the little boy slaps him for taking one of his Doritos. My favorite part is when the little boy says, “Put it back,” then goes to say, “Don’t touch my momma and don’t touch my Doritos.” The Doritos commercials are always funny but I think this one may have topped the charts in my book.
I also really liked the Dove Mens commercial. I thought it was great and although some people did not like the commercial I thought it really caught with a guy growing up with different stages of his life. It was fascinating how at the end it implies that you have lived most of your life getting where you are now, you deserve to live in a skin that you are comfortable in. I liked the song that went through the commercial and it ends in “Because you’re a man.” My favorite part of the whole commercial though was the part when it says having kids that look just like you and three heads pop up while in the bath tub and they are exact replicas of the main guy. That part made me laugh and was probably the part that made me remember that commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment